Click photo to go to ChidwickSchool.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rebirth of a Blog

I've had this blog for quite a few years now, mostly just because I liked the name, but now I think it's time to actually do something with it.  I've got so much to tell you all about (next year's class schedule, some new pieces of furniture I'm working on, my fun new Women In Woodworking class, etc.), but first I have to get ready to take this show on the road.


Yes, once again, Chidwick School of Fine Woodworking is going to be at some of The Woodworking Shows.  I will be teaching two different seminars: "Introduction to Sculptural Woodworking" and "Chair-building Techniques for the Beginner."  We hit the road next week for the Sacramento show (Nov. 5-7) and then head back north for the Portland show (Nov. 12-14).  We'll do some sightseeing along the way with the family, taking in the Redwoods, Oregon Caves and the Oregon coast; and we'll catch up with a lot of extended family and friends, as well.

One of the coolest parts of my job is that, after spending a week or two in the shop with them, my students and their spouses become my family's friends.  When we travel to the shows like this, we actually have a hard time seeing everyone!  What a great problem to have!  So, we look forward to seeing many of you in the coming weeks--you know who you are.  So to all my former student/friends in the Sacramento or Portland areas, if we don't already have plans to get together outside of the show this time, then please at least come see us at our booth.  We'd love to see you again.

And for those of you I've yet to meet, I look forward to someday meeting you, too.  Come see us at the shows.  Better yet, come to CSFW and let us treat you to some fine Montana hospitality while you make something beautiful.

No comments: